VIP members automatically receive the ability to enroll their family members into DeleteMe during their registration process. All VIP members are able to complete their individual data sheet and an additional 5 data sheets for their dependents.
Why is registering family members important?
Personal information like your physical address is not limited to just you. The data exposed on the open web relates to both you as an individual and to family members that currently and/or previously shared an address. It is extremely common for data brokers to list your current and past addresses as well as family relationships. The personally identifiable information (PII) exposed by data brokers for you will similarly be available for family members. If their information is not redacted then it is still trivial to find a physical address, phone number, etc., and use that information to harass, threaten, dox, and/or conduct social engineering attacks against you and your family.
- Complete a data sheet for each family member and/or co-domiciled person(s) that you share an address with.
- Provide at least 3-5 years of address history in the data sheet when adding addresses.
- Prioritize addresses as follows:
- Current physical address(es)
- Prior addresses where family members still reside
- Addresses for properties you own
- Prior residential addresses where neither you nor your family/friends reside any longer